1000 Books Before Kindergarten!
Take the Challenge! Read with your child!
Reading together is fun and will create life-long memories for both of you. Keep track of the books you’ve read. (In a notebook, on our reading log sheets, online, or however you choose!)
Then stop by the library for a photo-op, a milestone sticker, and a high-five!
Thank you to our community partners for their support of 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten.
- Early Head Start: Lakeland, Mountain States, Silver Valley
- Idaho Commission for Libraries
- Opening Books, Opening Doors
- Panhandle Health District: Nurse Family Partnership, Parents as Teachers, WIC
- School Districts: Coeur d’Alene, Lakeland, Post Falls
- United Way of North Idaho
Big thanks to our sponsors for making this project possible!
- Friends of the Community Library Network
- Friends of the Post Falls Library
- Idaho Community Foundation, Statewide Education Philanthropic Gift Fund
Keep It Fun!
We would love to hear your favorite ideas!
Track your reading!
For every 100 books: Come to the library for a photo and sticker.
500 books: Receive a free book
of your choice,
1,000 books: Receive a reading buddy and certificate.
Children’s vocabulary in the early grades is directly related to reading comprehension in the upper grades. Children who spend time talking, singing, playing, and reading, will start school with a larger vocabulary putting them statistically ahead of those who do not engage in these activities.
Come to the 1,000 Books Celebration Party held in the spring!